The white cake recipe is a must-try if you have not already done so as it is the perfect classic white cake that is light, fluffy, and moist.
A white cake is easy to make as it uses white sugar, white flour, and white-colored eggs. The white cake recipe also calls for vanilla extract to be used instead of a vanilla bean to give the white cake that distinctive flavor that you would expect from any classic white cake recipe.
Differences Between A Yellow And White Cake Recipe
If you have ever wondered what is the difference between a yellow cake and a white one then wonder no more as this article will inform you on all there is to know about how these two types of cakes differ in taste, texture, and color.
- White cake recipes are plain vanilla flavored while yellow cake recipes have chocolate or lemon flavors in them!
- A white cake recipe is a lot more moister than your average cake because they use buttermilk instead of ordinary milk or water along with the dry ingredients. Buttermilk is what makes these cakes moist and gives them that distinctive taste you will find in a classic white cake recipe. This white cake recipe is a great way to make something special without any fuss!
- The white cake recipe uses white sugar instead of brown which gives the white cake its characteristic light and fluffy texture that we all love so much about this classic dessert! It also has the vanilla extract added for flavor as well as whole milk or buttermilk depending on how moist you like your cakes. We find it best served with whipped cream frosting and fresh fruit toppings such as raspberries or strawberries when in season (but any berry will do).
- White cakes are lighter and fluffier than yellow cakes.
- White cake mix is a pre-made boxed cake that you can buy at most supermarkets. It is made with white sugar, white flour, and white eggs which make it lighter in color and texture than a yellow cake mix.
- The flavor of a white cake mix is plain vanilla so if you are looking for something with a bit more flavor then we suggest you try out one of our delicious white chocolate recipes!
The next time you are looking to make an impressive dessert without any fuss, then why not give this classic white cake recipe a go? You will not regret it!
It’s hard to find a great white or vanilla-flavored baked treat because most recipes rely on artificial flavors like almond extract or vanilla bean paste (which can be expensive). Vanilla cakes tend to be dry and dense more often than not–this one isn’t! This white cake recipe will make you a believer in the power of simplicity.
The White Cake Recipe
- 1 1/2 cup All-purpose flour,
- 1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder,
- a pinch of salt,
- 1 cup white sugar,
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter,
- 2 eggs,
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Grease and flour one or two round cake pans. Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended then stir in the vanilla extract.
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
Cool in pans for 20 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire racks.
If you love white cakes as much as we do then check out our recipe for white cake. It’s the perfect dessert to serve on a summer day when it’s hot outside and all your guests are looking for something light but still sweet enough to satisfy their cravings without being too heavy on the stomach.
White cakes are the go-to cakes when you want to share them with friends over a birthday, holiday, or just a dessert. You can make it suit your own preference by adding white chocolate, lemon, or coconut. You can make it bigger or smaller depending on the number of people you are sharing it with.
Homemade cakes tend to bring families together as they share that yummy taste made from their own kitchen. If you want to try that yummy white cake recipe, go ahead and let us know the results you achieved. Share pictures, comments, and advice on how we can make it even yummier.
We hope you enjoy this recipe!
Read more about Funnel Cake Recipe Without Eggs
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the difference between white cake and vanilla cake?
The difference between white cake and vanilla cake is that white cake is made with white sugar while the vanilla cake is made with brown sugar. This gives the cakes different colors and textures.
What is white cake mix?
White cake mix is a pre-made boxed cake that you can buy at most supermarkets. It is made with white sugar, white flour and white eggs which makes it lighter in color and texture than a yellow cake mix.
Is white cake fluffier than yellow cake?
Yes, white cake is typically fluffier than yellowcake because of the ingredients used in its recipe.
How do I make my own white or vanilla-flavored Cake from scratch?
To make your own homemade white or vanilla-flavored Cake from scratch, you will need to follow the step by step recipe we have included above.
What flavor is white cake mix?
White cake mixes are usually vanilla flavored. They can also be lemon, white chocolate or coconut flavored.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 3/4 tsp baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Grease and flour one or two round cake pans. Sift together the all-purpose flour, baking powder, and salt; set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time until well blended then stir in the vanilla extract.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just blended.
- Pour batter into prepared pans. Bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cakes comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 20 minutes before removing to cool completely on wire racks.