This is a basic recipe for stiffening buttercream frosting, the best kind to use on cakes. It’s also great on cupcakes and macarons!
The “how to stiffen buttercream for piping” is a technique that allows you to pipe the frosting without it collapsing.
You can thicken buttercream with flour. To do this, you will need to add in a tablespoon of flour and then whisk it into the icing. Reference: can you thicken buttercream with flour.
Watch This Video:
- how to fix runny buttercream
- how to thicken buttercream without icing sugar
- does buttercream harden in the fridge
- how to make buttercream frosting
- how to thicken cream cheese frosting